Monday, August 25, 2008
♥; Labour ward today!
Meet Huishan earlier & had a long good chat with her at TCC suntec =)Had to come home as fast as possibleBECAUSE...........my younger brother lost his keys & were locked out of house!LOL.How unlucky he is, just nice everyone wasn't home & he waited emo-ly 1hr for me to reach home!Today was posted to LABOUR WARD!U know. The place where babies are delivered.Aishay & I were so lucky to witness the delivery of a twins.BOY BOY.Ok let me start this.............................Babies were ready to come out as contractions were felt in the mum.Everyone were so busy getting equipments ready. The cold room was crowded with many people; doctors, nurses, mum's husband & other healthcare related workers.In additional, the 2 of us (student nurses). I guess there were around 15 people around.So many right?It wasn't really the same as what I thought it would be.I used to think that the delivery would take place in an operation theatre, whereby the room would be dim & cold, also healthcare workers would all be in their green gown.But it was otherwise. LOL.The room was rather brightly lit & the only thing I was right was the temperature, it was REALLY COLD! ( seriously! my fingers & toes were numb from the coldness! ) Only the doctors & nurses were in their gown & gloves, looking all so ready.Or rather, it seemed to have become a Norm to them. I always though that giving birth would end with just a continous pushing yet again I was wrong.It started with mum feeling pain & everyone encouraged her to PUSH! PUSH!PUSH!when pain goes away, she had to wait for it to come & again prepare to PUSH really hard.& i meant REALLY HARD! ( I could see all those veins vividly appearing at her forehead).During mum short resting time, all I could hear was the beeping sound from those equipments.My heart skipped a beat, I was feeling nervous for that mum!As she had to repeat this for quite a no. of times.I was secretly helping her to jia you in my heart =)))))))))After about 50 mins, mum was really tired & even felt like giving up & just go for cisor to get the babies out.However Dr gave her 20 more mins to try... after several tries, the baby head was seen !!Exitment in everyone!"Push Push! Breathe In & Push! Harder! Harder! Very good! Push longer & harder!" were words I could hear from the nurses & Dr.Everyone was trying hard in helping her to delivery the baby boy after such long wait.It was true that the cervix could stretch up to 10cm & this kind of made me shiver a bit.Dr hand could just go in easily, i mean it just look like a hole.& it seemed so very painful! =XI was rather amazed when the head was at the mouth of the vulva.Thinking that the newborn would be rather small in size as i imagined, it was bigger than what i expected.Held my hands tightly tgth ( due to the coldness & also i was so excited).We see the head, the hands, body & finally the legs.& crying sound was heard!Immediate care was provided to clean the newborn.It wasn't as bloody as I imagined too... but of cos there were still blood la. haha.Next, to deliever the 2nd boy but it wasn't successful so they decided to do a cisor.& we were unable to see the delievery of the placenta =( Still, it was an awsome experience.At one point of the procedure, I imagine my friend in the delivery & it looked rather comical lol.=XGiving birth is a very painful & tiring procedure for woman. SO GUYS! Next time when your wife is giving birth, be by her side & giving her your love & support OK! They help you give birth to a newlife & bring you joy! SO BE appreciative alright! Must love your wife like mad! LOL.Most of all, girls, you wouldn't wanna see how the Dr work on your vagina. (well, if u dare to)The vagina would look a little swollen & it's stretched, able to see the inner reddish meatus within the vagina.I believe when you are giving birth, you wouldn't thought it would go this wideBut it's the fact!The thought of my cervix going this wide makes me feel so painful. LOL!I believe when any mum see their newborn, they would be crying with joy!The newborn was so cute!He tried opening his eyes, but he could only open one side initially.After awhile, he successfully opened both of his eyes! I smiled at the baby & i guess i saw the baby smiled a little!Cass must be so envy of me now LOLcos she's unable to witness delivery =( Nvm. I tell u more ok? haha!This week assessment : bathing baby!Hopefully I won't get the 'fire engine'! lol (u know... PeePee!)Feeling so cold right now!I'm tired....... yet to bring my heels to repair.I'm feeling lazy! HOW?Labels: Men cant give birth so please understand the hardship your woman had to go through.